Get your voice heard! Make sure your opinion counts!
RiBRA provides the opportunity to put forward your views
- RiBRA is a powerful local lobbying body that can influence local government, contractors/developers, etc., to act in ways that protect and improve our area.
- We are properly constituted as an organisation, and recognised by local councillors and others as a valid mechanism for disseminating residents’ wishes on key issues.
- Unlike the lone voice of an individual, we are listened to and can rally local residents to act.
- Early examples of that happened soon after we were founded in 2019, when we impacted some of the key planning issues around the Lidl store in Richmond Road, and its signage.
Interact with other residents
- Share, discuss and agree views at our sociable and informal meetings, as well as at our Annual General Meeting, where you can vote to decide who runs RiBRA, and on any other formal issues.
- Your chance to contribute to the community – getting involved as much or as little as you wish
- Keep up to date with local developments and other issues through our newsletters and other updates
- Engage with your Street Champion. As the streets in the area are all a bit different, every street or small group of streets has a RiBRA ‘Street Champion’ – a nearby neighbour to liaise between you and the rest of the committee, ensuring your views, suggestions and feedback – along with those of other members in the street – are properly understood.
How to join – it’s excellent value!
We’re a not-for-profit association run by volunteers, so it doesn’t cost much to access these benefits. Membership is only £10 per household per year, payable by Standing Order. That enables us to cover meeting, website, email, printing and other admin costs.
To join, just complete this short subscription form, and we’ll send you the banking details.